What about backfills? Go through whole process or no?
- All backfills will follow the universal Consent-to-Hire Practice
- Discussions should capture broader ideas of ROI to the org and not simply look through the lens of the specific CCT or Operating Group.
When we have excess capacity somewhere else, should open positions be filled by them first? Is it in the process as a step to ask or post for internal.
- Yes is our bias. Need further thought (how does a CCT / group know where excess capacity exists when making a proposal)
How does the hire interact with the most recent forecast of how the BU is fairing vs budget balance of year
- Rather than budget new hires we sense and respond in real time.
- Sponsor must consider YTD financials AND forward looking forecasts before weighing in on proposal in Loomio.
- Financial considerations include:
- Financial Health (ex: how is that CCT/ LOB / Intact Team doing vs budget or rolling forecast)
- If on budget its “where are we at on the year” (can we save $ ie: timing, impact the hire will have on current/next FY)
- ROI consideration (ie: should the investment be made in a higher performing area of the company with greater ROI potential)
- Analysis of business trends (ie: JO volume, new client acquisition etc)